In order to avoid unnecessary amendments, which not only cause delays in the shipment of
orders, but also result in additional bank charges, please use as a guide the following
instructions for opening letters of credit to Roots, Inc. dba Ecoroot.
1. The Beneficiary should be: Roots, Inc. dba Ecoroot
PMB 192 1939 High House Rd.
Cary, NC 27519 USA
2. The letter of credit should be for an approximate value, allowing 10% over or under the
amount or value established in the letter of credit.
3. Documentation requirements should be kept to a minimum.
4. The following documents should be required:
- Commercial Invoice
- Packing List
- Bill of Lading (Transport Document)
5. The Letter of Credit (L/C) should allow for partial shipments.
6. The Expiration Date should be at least 90 days from the date the Letter of Credit is opened,
and the Letter of Credit should expire in the U.S.A..
7. The L/C should not specify exact quantities or reference numbers of items to be shipped.
(For example: The L/C should not specify the number of pieces, dozens or sets to be
shipped.) The Description of the merchandise should be in general terms only.
8. The L/C should specify only one value or amount: FOB. The individual charges for
merchandise, freight, handling, etc. should not be detailed.
9. There should be no restriction with regard to which transportation carrier should be
utilized in the shipment.
10. The L/C should not specify the name of a specific Freight Forwarder or Customs Broker
to be used.
11. The L/C should allow 30 days from the date of shipment for the negotiation of documents.
12. The L/C should be payable at Sight to Roots, Inc. dba Ecoroot.
13. All bank charges associated with the L/C in the Buyer's country AND in the Beneficiary's
country should be for the account of the BUYER.
14. The PORT OF SHIPMENT should be "ANY PORT OF CHINA". We require a "Multimodal"
Bill of Lading.
15. The L/C must be confirmed by the Advising Bank. The Credit shall be advised
FIRST CITIZENS BANK
100 East Tryon Road
Raleigh, NC 27603
(Contact: Tassie Curlings 919-716-2887 if any questions)
16. If your Bankers are unable to advise credit directly to First Citizens Bank, the credit must
be FREELY NEGOTIABLE.
17. In addition, Letters of Credit should contain complete reimbursement instructions and
designate a USA bank as a reimbursing bank.
We appreciate your cooperation in following the above instructions in order to avoid
unnecessary costs and delays in the shipment of your order and in the processing of
Instructions for Opening Letters of Credit to Roots, Inc. dba ecoroot
|Here is the
Letter of Credit.
Please don't hesitate
to call or email us if
you have further
P.O. Box 5604, Emerald Isle, NC 28594
347 Star Hill Drive, Cape Carteret, NC 28584
Phone or fax 252-393-2548
|Copyright 2009 by ecoroot
ecoroot, "We make it easy to go
"Green"!, "The bag you don't forget!",
the mesh fabric and self-storing logo
pocket are trademarks of ecoroot.
"Paper, Plastic...or Planet?" is a
registered trademark of Ecoroot.
ecoroot Reusable Shopping Bags